Ann Dockendorf of Clearwater, Minnesota coats pasta with a succulent blend of lemon and herbs, then sprinkles it with Parmesan cheese. "Serve it as a versatile side dish...or dress it up with cooked chicken or ham for a delicious entree," she writes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, cook linguine in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or
- until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine butter, lemon
- juice, basil, garlic powder and lemon-pepper; cook and stir until
- butter is melted. Drain linguine; add to butter mixture and toss to
- coat. Add Parmesan cheese and toss. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.