Lemon-Linguine Shrimp Salad Recipe
This summery medley of spicy shrimp, fresh asparagus and pasta is subtly splashed with lemon. It adds a touch of elegance to any outdoor gathering or luncheon. If you make it ahead, add the basil just before serving. Serve with frosty glasses of iced tea. --Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, cayenne, oregano and salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- 2. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and peel; add linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to linguine; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC