Lemon-Linguine Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, cayenne, oregano and salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and peel; add linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to linguine; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Linguine Shrimp Salad
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this dish! It does have a very strong lemon flavor, but it balanced well with the delicious shrimp. I will definitely make this again!
This salad was okay, but not great. I usually love lemon flavor, but as the previous writer said it was just too much. I probably will not make again.
This recipe was ok, I'll make it again but with a few changes. It was WAY too lemony for our taste, so I'll definitely reduce the amount of lemon juice. I may also add some peas or some other kind of vegetable to it. It was also way too spicey for my taste, but I'm a weakling. Hubby said that the amount was just right for him. Other than these few things it was pretty good! It was good warm or cold and I got some fresh shrimp.