Lemon-Lime Salmon with Veggie Saute Recipe
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add lemon and lime juices. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add the corn, mushrooms and asparagus; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or just until vegetables reach desired doneness. Stir in tarragon. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with 1-1/4 cups vegetables equals 329 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.