Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 403 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake
"I have made this numerous times. It is delicious! A gal I knew was getting married and tasting various cakes for the wedding/reception. She said this cake exceeded the taste of any of those she tasted for her wedding. You will not be disappointed with this recipe. I sometimes don't put the glaze on it but let people drizzle it on a piece themselves if they want it on the cake."
"I share my baking with neighbors and they love this cake. Soo good and soo easy"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.