Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 403 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.