- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Poppy Seed Cake
"I have made this numerous times. It is delicious! A gal I knew was getting married and tasting various cakes for the wedding/reception. She said this cake exceeded the taste of any of those she tasted for her wedding. You will not be disappointed with this recipe. I sometimes don't put the glaze on it but let people drizzle it on a piece themselves if they want it on the cake."
"I share my baking with neighbors and they love this cake. Soo good and soo easy"