Lemon-Lime Mousse Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lime slices, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; whisk in egg yolks and milk until smooth. Whisk in lemon and lime juices until blended; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in lemon and lime peels.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cold.
- 3. To serve, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. If desired, top with lime slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 261 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.