"For a light and refreshing dessert after any meal, try this tangy citrus treat," suggests field editor Kathryn Anderson of Wallkill, New York.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices and additional lemon peel, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. In a bowl, whisk
- the egg yolks and milk; stir into sugar mixture. Add juices; whisk
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to
- a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add lemon and lime peel.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into individual dishes. Garnish with
- lime slices and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 261 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.