"For a light and refreshing dessert after any meal, try this tangy citrus treat," suggests field editor Kathryn Anderson of Wallkill, New York.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lime slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; whisk in egg yolks and milk until smooth. Whisk in citrus juices until blended; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in citrus peels.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into citrus mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. If desired, top with lime slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Lime Mousse in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p67
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review