- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices and additional lemon peel, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and milk; stir into sugar mixture. Add juices; whisk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add lemon and lime peel.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until completely cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into individual dishes. Garnish with lime slices and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Mousse
Sort By :
"First off: Plan to eat this the same day you make it!!! Why? The citric juices begin to "cook" the dairy ingredients and the texture is not as good the next day. I make this for summer night meals when lemon and lime flavors are especially appreciated. This one takes a bit of time and effort but it is made ahead of time anyway to cool in the fridge. I put in more than 1 Tbsp. of lime--maybe 2 Tablespoons. I also sometimes add green or yellow food coloring b/c without it, it looks a bit bland. The flavor is very good however. Suitable for company."