- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices and additional lemon peel, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and milk; stir into sugar mixture. Add juices; whisk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add lemon and lime peel.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until completely cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into individual dishes. Garnish with lime slices and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Lime Mousse in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p67
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review