Lemon Lime Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted ,.divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 7 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; freeze until firm. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and sherbet; pour over the crust. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs and remaining sugar. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining butter. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- 3. Spread over ice cream mixture. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. Just before serving, remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 401 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Lemon Lime Dessert
"Great summer BBQ treat. I'm looking forward to another summer season"
"So cool and refreshing. Perfect for a large summer get together and you don't even have to turn on the oven!"
"Yummy, refreshing, easy for a crowd. Everyone wanted the recipe."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.