- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted ,.divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 7 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; freeze until firm. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and sherbet; pour over the crust. Freeze until firm.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs and remaining sugar. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining butter. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Spread over ice cream mixture. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Lime Dessert
Sort By :
"Great summer BBQ treat. I'm looking forward to another summer season"
"So cool and refreshing. Perfect for a large summer get together and you don't even have to turn on the oven!"
"Yummy, refreshing, easy for a crowd. Everyone wanted the recipe."