Lemon-Lime Crackle Cookies
You can taste the spirit of Christmases past in these chewy old-time cookies with their crackle tops and lemony flavor. They're a luscious addition to cookie exchanges.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut, lemon peel and
- lime peel. Cover and process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds;
- set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, eggs, dry whipped topping
- mix and lemon juice. Add dry cake mix and coconut mixture and mix
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Shape
- into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Dream Whip topping.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white