You can taste the spirit of Christmases past in these chewy old-time cookies with their crackle tops and lemony flavor. They're a luscious addition to cookie exchanges.
Recommended: Diabetic Dessert Recipes for the Holidays
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut, lemon peel and lime peel. Cover and process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, eggs, dry whipped topping mix and lemon juice. Add dry cake mix and coconut mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Shape into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon-Lime Crackle Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Crackle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review