I was looking for a light cookie that would freeze and travel well and couldn't find one, so I created these. They are so good you won't be able to eat just one.—Brenda Brooks, Bowie, Maryland
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Easter Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in citrus peels and lemon juice. Gradually beat in flour.
- Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 16-19 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon-Lime Butter Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review