- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Lime Bars
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe and concluded - either half the crust or double the filling. Had a nice flavour."
"This recipe was okay. I used half lemon, half lime juice and doubled the filling the second time I made them. I agree with others that it needs more filling in proportion to the crust."
"This is now one of my favorite recipes. Will defenitly make it again, and again,"
"The crust was just as thick as the lemon layer. I personally prefer more filling."
"I make this recipe all the time. It is very delicious, light and reminds us of lemon meringue pie, my husband favorite."