Lemon-Lime Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.