Lemon Lentil Salad Recipe
I love lentils but never had a recipe that really enhanced their flavor...until I found this one! The touch of lemon juice gives this dish a light, refreshing appeal.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, lentils, bay leaf and remaining oil to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 30 minutes; drain if necessary. Discard bay leaf. Add the tomato, parsley, onions and dressing; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Lentil Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p56
Reviews for Lemon Lentil Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2014
My first time trying lentils, and I really liked them in this dish! The dressing is refreshing and has lots of flavour. I didn't add tomatoes/onions, instead added feta cheese - and used canned lentils.