Lemon Kolaches Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add sugar, butter, salt, lemon peel, eggs and 2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half; shape each half into 12 balls. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten each ball to a 3-in. circle. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat all filling ingredients until smooth. Make a depression in the center of each roll; add filling. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Kolaches(4)
Sort By :
These turned out awesome! I made them for a family gathering and everyone loved them.
These turned out great! The lemon is just right. Not too much, not too little. I spaced them a little closer than what it said so they would fit on my baking sheets. I was worried that they would merge together, but they didn't. Mine look a little puffier than the picture. I used parchment paper on the baking sheets instead of greasing them. That worked perfectly.
Guess I did something wrong, bad, guess I will say it was a bad thing for me to try.
Loved this recipe. My husband requested this for his work.