Lemon Jelly Candies Recipe
This timeless candy will add a little sparkle to any candy assortment. The tart jellies will be a refreshing treat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup clear edible glitter
- 1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/3 cup water; set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar and remaining water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat.
- 4. Stir lemon gelatin and unflavored gelatin mixture into hot syrup; stir until sugar dissolves. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until candy is set.
- 5. Combine edible glitter and remaining sugar; spread half of mixture over a 14x12-in. piece of parchment paper. Invert candy onto the parchment paper. Cut candy into 48 triangles and coat with remaining glitter mixture. Store candy in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
1 piece: 55 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Jelly Candies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC