- stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats a
- metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In another large saucepan, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and
- remaining sugar and water. Cook over low heat, beating with a hand
- mixer on low speed until mixture reaches 160°. Pour into a large
- bowl; beat on high until soft peaks form. Gently fold into yolk
- mixture. Spread over crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar
- until soft peaks form; spread over filling. Combine coconut and
- orange peel; sprinkle over top. Cover and chill for 4 hours or
- overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 344 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.