Lemon Ice Tea Mix
"A friend who has a large family and does a lot of entertaining created this mix," explains Linda Fox of Soldotna, Alaska. "It's inexpensive and makes a tasty, refreshing batch of tea."
80 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 7-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 5 envelopes (.23 ounce each) unsweetened lemonade soft drink mix
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup warm water
- Cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tea and drink mix. Divide into
- five equal batches; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place
- for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (8-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare tea: Dissolve about 1-2/3 cups tea mix in 1 cup warm
- water. Place in a gallon container. Add cold water to measure 1
- gallon. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: about 16 (1-cup) servings per
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.