Lemon Ice Cream
What better use could there be for that juice than making a refreshing batch of Lemon Ice Cream? Nancy Schantz (below) of San Angelo says, "Both of my grown daughters look for Lemon Ice Cream when they visit. I love this recipe because it's delicious and not at all tricky to make."
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 to 10 cups milk
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and gelatin. Add
- half-and-half, lemon juice and extracts; beat until smooth. Fold in
- the whipped cream. Stir in enough milk to measure 1 gallon. Add food
- coloring if desired.
- Freeze in batches according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate extra mixture until it can be frozen. Allow to ripe in
- ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerate freezer for 2-4 hours
- before serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 1 gallon.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium,