Lemon Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs and yolks; add to butter mixture. Cook and stir until filling reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Spoon half of the ice cream into pastry shell; freeze. Spread with half of the lemon filling; freeze. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread over pie. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 565 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Lemon Ice Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.