Lemon Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs and yolks; add to butter mixture. Cook and stir until filling reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Spoon half of the ice cream into pastry shell; freeze. Spread with half of the lemon filling; freeze. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread over pie. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 565 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Ice Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.