Lemon Honey Turkey Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place tenderloins in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour half the sauce over turkey.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Remove turkey to a plate and keep warm.
- 3. Transfer drippings to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve sauce over turkey. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 182 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Honey Turkey
"I poured the entire mixture over the turkey and put them in a 400? oven to bake for 25 mins. I basted them halfway through. I turned the oven down to 350 for about 5 or 7 mins to finish them, they were very thick through the center and I wanted to make sure they were cooked through. The mixture cooked down to a beautiful glaze, which I spooned over the turkey. When I stored the leftovers, I sliced it up and then poured the remaining glaze over the top. So good!"