Lemon Honey Turkey Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place tenderloins in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.Pour half the sauce over turkey.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Remove turkey to a plate and keep warm.
- 3. Transfer drippings to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve sauce over turkey. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked turkey with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 182 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.