Lemon-Herbed Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings. Spread under turkey skin.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and oil; set aside.
- 3. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; basting every 15-20 minutes with lemon mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Discard skin before carving. Yield: 16 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 158 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Lemon-Herbed Turkey Breast
"Very tasty and moist. It was great for turkey sandwiches!"
"Wonderful taste and so easy. Did not dry out and makes for awesome sandwiches the next day. Will make again."