Lemon Herbed Salmon Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 salmon fillet (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, thyme, lemon peel and salt; mix well. Add 4 tablespoons butter and toss lightly to coat; set aside.
- 2. Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a greased baking dish. Brush with remaining butter; cover with crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 446 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Herbed Salmon
"i like the idea of lemon with salmon. i made this with frozen fillets and it was really a big hot with my family. i plan to make this recipe often"
"Love this recipe. It has so much flavor.. I add a little dill and lemon pepper to the mix."
"Excellent! Very favorable and easy to prepare. I did bake it at 400 degrees. I will definitely use this recipe often."
"I have used this recipe for years, since it first came out in the "Taste of Home" magazine many years ago!! The topping adds texture and wonderful extra flavor. I make it as is, no alterations to this one! Makes a delightful presentation as well! Appropriate for company."
"Very good and easy to make. Bake at least 30 minutes or more."
"Excellent recipe! I cut the measurements down for a 1lb salmon, and I added Mediterranean seasoning. My topping was thick and covered the entire filet, but I let it bake at 375 for closer to 30 minutes. It was awesome! Definitely making again!"
"We have made is recipe many times and it never fails. In fact, you end up with twice as much topping than needed when you make this, so I freeze half of it for the next time."
"This was very flavorful with the fresh herbs and bread crumbs. It also looked very nice. Be sure to bake long enough for the crumb topping to brown and crisp up a bit. I will bake at 400 degrees next time."
"This is our all-time favorite way of preparing fish. Sure glad to have found this winner of a recipe. Thank you, Mrs. Hoekema, for sharing your wonderful recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.