Lemon Herbed Salmon
We sometimes send our delicious Washington salmon all the way to Michigan for my sister to use in this family-favorite dish! The tasty topping can be used on other types of fish, too. Fresh thyme from your garden really sparks the flavor.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 salmon fillet (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan
- cheese, thyme, lemon peel and salt; mix well. Add 4 tablespoons
- butter and toss lightly to coat; set aside.
- Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a greased baking dish. Brush
- with remaining butter; cover with crumb mixture. Bake at 350°
- for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 446 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as