Lemon-Herb Turkey Breast Recipe
The first time I tried this recipe, and told my kids I’d prepared the turkey differently, they threw a fit…until they tasted it. Now they make it in their own homes. The marinade makes the turkey moist and flavorful. Using a turkey breast is a nice change from preparing a whole turkey.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano and sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1. In a blender, combine the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, parsley, onions, garlic, mustard and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Pour 1 cup marinade into a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Drain and discard marinade; place turkey on a rack in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Lemon-Herb Turkey Breast
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2012
"Simple and a crowd-pleaser!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC