Lemon Herb Quinoa Recipe
My family is turning to quinoa more and more these days. It's a super grain that's packed with protein and vitamins. Plus, it can be paired with any kind of main course.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon peel and remaining salt; fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 160 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC