Lemon Herb Quinoa
My family is turning to quinoa more and more these days. It's a super grain that's packed with protein and vitamins. Plus, it can be paired with any kind of main course.Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4
- teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or
- until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon peel and
- remaining salt; fluff with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 160 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.