My family is turning to quinoa more and more these days. It's a super grain that's packed with protein and vitamins. Plus, it can be paired with any kind of main course.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon peel and remaining salt; fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Herb Quinoa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p164
Reviews for Lemon Herb Quinoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review