- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon peel and remaining salt; fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Herb Quinoa
Sort By :
I REALLY enjoyed this recipe as a base. I altered it a bit to give it more flavor. I followed the recipe but found it to be lacking in flavor. The mint, basil and cilantro work well together, but I added more salt, lemon juice and cucumber. It came out FABULOUS! At this point I'd give it 4 stars, if not 5. You can add anything you'd like, I just felt it needed more crunch and seasoning. With those modifications, it was super yummy and zesty! Just remember to taste as you go!