Lemon-Herb Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (4 pounds), rolled and tied
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over leg of lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Place lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked lamb equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.