Lemon-Herb Leg of Lamb
Patricia Crandall shares her lamb recipe that would be perfect for Easter or any other festive gathering. Writes Patricia, “I created this recipe from a combination of several others. It's the only lamb recipe my daughter would eat when she was young.” —Patricia Crandall, Inchelium, Washington
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (4 pounds), rolled and tied
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over leg of
- lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked lamb equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot