- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (4 pounds), rolled and tied
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over leg of lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Herb Leg of Lamb
"This was my first attempt at making lamb. I had an internal thermometer which beeps when it is at the right temperature so cooking it was no problem, but what was the best was the compliments on how tasty it was. So simple to throw together too. I stuck everything in a large zipper bag and massaged it then chucked it in the refrigerator till it was time to cook. I added 4 tbls of olive oil to make it coat better. The seasoning was light and let the taste of the lamb shine through, not mask it like some marinaides. My little boy even asked for seconds. That makes it a winner in my book when the kids will eat it without a fight."