Lemon Herb Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil lamb 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
"This delicious marinade turned lamb shoulder chops into something so tender and good. I will definitely make it again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.