- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil lamb 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
Sort By :
This delicious marinade turned lamb shoulder chops into something so tender and good. I will definitely make it again.