- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil lamb 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Herb Lamb Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p205
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2012
"This delicious marinade turned lamb shoulder chops into something so tender and good. I will definitely make it again."
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2011