- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each )
- 3 medium lemons
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated into 18 cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place hens in a roasting pan. Cut 1-1/2 lemons into six wedges. Rub a lemon wedge over each hen; place wedges in roasting pan. Peel and cut garlic cloves in half. Rub cut side of a garlic half over each hen; place in cavity with five additional garlic halves. Rub 2 tablespoons oil over each hen; sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix basil, rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle half over hens; place remaining herbs in cavities. Cut remaining lemons into 12 slices; place over hens. Roast 1-1/4-1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Herb Game Hens in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p41
Reviews for Lemon Herb Game Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review