Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides over medium heat. Add the broth, basil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, lemon peel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.