- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- Sprinkle dill, lemon-pepper, salt if desired and garlic powder over salmon. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce and green onions; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill salmon skin side down, over medium heat; arrange lemon and onion slices over the top. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Grilled Salmon
"My family loved this recipe, but I only thought it was ok. Thus the four stars. Trust my fam ;-)"
"Delicious salmon! I made this exactly as written and loved it!"
"So good! We really liked this one! We cooked it on the grill in a disposable foil pan for easy clean up."
"I have used this since it first came out in the "Taste of Home" magazine many years ago. Wonderful flavor. I DO double the marinade ingredients, however, for more coverage as the fish marinates in the dish or bag. My children have greatly enjoyed the teriyaki flavor and the lemon slices provide a great presentation."
"My sister and her husband like to grill. This is one of their favorite grilling entrees. It is very easy to prepare."
"i made this recipe last night, i also let the salmon marinate for 3 hours in the fridge turning itoccasionnaly . Did cook it on BBQ on double non-stick alumiinium fold. i keep the temperature at 350`F and cook it for 20 minutes.it was just mouth watering, not dry at all for salmon."
"Love, love, love!!!"
"I have been searching for a great Salmon recipe....and this is definitely IT!!! The brown sugar adds just a hint of sweetness and my neighbors and family really loved this flavor! The dill is not overpowering, and adds a distinct flavor to the salmon. AWESOME RECIPE and easy to prepare!!!"
"First time truly making salmon and it was amazing. Let it marinade in the fridge for a few hours and then put it in foil(due to not having the skin on it) and on the grill.. The flavors were just outstanding.... Will be making this again soon"
"It,s the fresh Dill that set,s this recipe apart from the rest. Salmon at,s best."