- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- Sprinkle dill, lemon-pepper, salt if desired and garlic powder over salmon. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce and green onions; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill salmon skin side down, over medium heat; arrange lemon and onion slices over the top. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon Grilled Salmon
"Excellent! Used this recipe with fresh Sockeye Salmon. Followed recipe as written. Just incredible flavors!!! Will make again and again!"
"My family loved this recipe, but I only thought it was ok. Thus the four stars. Trust my fam ;-)"
"Delicious salmon! I made this exactly as written and loved it!"
"So good! We really liked this one! We cooked it on the grill in a disposable foil pan for easy clean up."
"I have used this since it first came out in the "Taste of Home" magazine many years ago. Wonderful flavor. I DO double the marinade ingredients, however, for more coverage as the fish marinates in the dish or bag. My children have greatly enjoyed the teriyaki flavor and the lemon slices provide a great presentation."
"My sister and her husband like to grill. This is one of their favorite grilling entrees. It is very easy to prepare."
"i made this recipe last night, i also let the salmon marinate for 3 hours in the fridge turning itoccasionnaly . Did cook it on BBQ on double non-stick alumiinium fold. i keep the temperature at 350`F and cook it for 20 minutes.it was just mouth watering, not dry at all for salmon."
"Love, love, love!!!"
"I have been searching for a great Salmon recipe....and this is definitely IT!!! The brown sugar adds just a hint of sweetness and my neighbors and family really loved this flavor! The dill is not overpowering, and adds a distinct flavor to the salmon. AWESOME RECIPE and easy to prepare!!!"
"First time truly making salmon and it was amazing. Let it marinade in the fridge for a few hours and then put it in foil(due to not having the skin on it) and on the grill.. The flavors were just outstanding.... Will be making this again soon"