Lemon Grilled Chicken
"My mother relied on this recipe when I was growing up," recalls Ellen Seidl of Norfolk, Nebraska. "Its mild lemon taste reminds me of summertime."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add
- chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat for 20 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 20-30
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting
- and turning several times. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe can also be prepared in the oven in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.