Lemon Green Beans
Delicately seasoned with lemon and dill, these tender green beans from Kara Lee Helminak of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin taste fresh and inviting. They’re a great accompaniment to almost any entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill
- and salt; shake well. Transfer beans to a serving dish; add dressing
- and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.