Delicately seasoned with lemon and dill, these tender green beans from Kara Lee Helminak of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin taste fresh and inviting. They’re a great accompaniment to almost any entree.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill and salt; shake well. Transfer beans to a serving dish; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Green Beans in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p47
Reviews for Lemon Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review