Lemon-Glazed Poppy Seed Ring Recipe
I like to modify existing recipes to be more interesting. This bread is a combination of three old standbys; the poppy seed kolaches my Ukranian grandmother used to make, the cinnamon rolls I learned to make in Girl Scouts and the lemon glaze from my favorite bundt cake.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup poppy seed filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Do not separate biscuits. Place on a greased baking sheet and pat into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread poppy seed filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Bring ends together to form a ring; pinch ends to seal.
- 2. With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Gently stretch ring to form a 4-1/2-in. center. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool. Yield: 1 loaf (14 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC