Lemon-Glazed Pecan Slices Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into 1 cup flour until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine the baking powder, salt and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in pecans and coconut. Spread over warm crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; spread over bars. Let set before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Glazed Pecan Slices
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.