Lemon-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Glazed Carrots
"Light, delicious, easy-as-pie, and healthy."
"Glazed carrots are one of my favorite foods in general. These lemon glazed carrots are superb.Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html"