These lovely tangy carrots are a super vegetable side dish.Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon
- juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots;
- add butter mixture and toss gently. Garnish with lemon peel if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.