Lemon-Glazed Carrots Recipe
These lovely tangy carrots are a super vegetable side dish.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC