Lemon-Glazed Carrots and Rutabaga
If you like carrots and rutabagas, this colorful side dish is a real winner.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- Cut carrots and rutabaga into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Place in a
- saucepan; add broth. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients;
- cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add to vegetables; cook, uncovered, 3-4
- minutes longer or until vegetables are glazed, stirring gently.
- Yield: 6 servings.