Lemon Ginger Snowballs
Want an elegant treat for guests? Buttery dough is a delectable backdrop for the bold lemon, ginger and macadamia flavors here.
54 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Stir in macadamia nuts, ginger and lemon peel.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly
- browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire
- racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar. Yield: 4-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 89 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.