Lemon Ginger Muffins
These quick muffins are tender and have a lovely aroma while they're baking. Fat-free yogurt keeps them moist. If you like the lemon and ginger, you're sure to enjoy their fresh flavor.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and sugar substitute until
- crumbly. Add egg whites; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda;
- add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in ginger and
- lemon peel.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with
- batter. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.