Lemon Ginger Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and sugar substitute until crumbly. Add egg whites; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in ginger and lemon peel.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Ginger Muffins
"I found them very good, but chose to cut the ginger down significantly as that seemed like a lot of ginger. Also due to dietary restrictions had to use all splenda. While I find the flavor delicious and them to be a decent muffin, they stuck about half in the muffin paper, and made them useless to serve to others, because it was necessary to have two per serving rather than one. I'm not sure what I could have done differently to prevent this."
"Needs salt! These were tasteless and dense muffins, and we won't make these muffins again."