Lemon Ginger Muffins Recipe
These quick muffins are tender and have a lovely aroma while they're baking. Fat-free yogurt keeps them moist. If you like the lemon and ginger, you're sure to enjoy their fresh flavor.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and sugar substitute until crumbly. Add egg whites; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in ginger and lemon peel.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC