Everyone searches for grand desserts that have easy ingredients and minimal effort. My lemony ginger icebox cake is the answer. It’s a holiday lifesaver. —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, NJ
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) thin ginger cookies
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon peel until creamy. Beat in lemon curd until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Line bottom of an 8-in. square dish with nine cookies; spread with about 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review