Lemon Ginger Cutouts Recipe
I bake these cutouts for Thanksgiving and Christmas, then decorate them in the colors of the season. If I run out of time before the holidays, I simply skip the frosting step and sprinkle the colored sugar directly on the cookies before they go in the oven. The end result is just as festive and still yummy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add corn syrup, honey and lemon peel. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 each: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Ginger Cutouts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC