Lemon-Ginger Creme Brulee Recipe
Everyone raves about the combination of lemon and ginger in this version of the classic custard treat. It never lasts long! —Scott Hunter, Sherman Oaks, California
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the cream, 1/3 cup sugar and ginger until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in extracts.
- 2. Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 4. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 426 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 382mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Ginger Creme Brulee
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC